Tuesday, May 12, 2009

When Good Shoes Go Bad

I have a perfectly nice pair of Candies. You know Candies, right? The shoes with the wooden bottoms that when you walk make you sound like you've got two halves of coconuts and your banging them together.

They are pretty versatile. With the wooden bottoms and clear strappy tops, they match everything and look very cute. Though they are 4 inch heels, I usually find them rather comfortable. I've worn them to work on numerous occasions.

I don't know what they have against me today. Maybe it's a bit humid out. Maybe my feet are extra frictiony today. Maybe it's the fact that I trucked across campus to New England and back for no good reason. Maybe there's a disturbance in the force. I dunno. Whatever it is, my good shoes have gone bad. I have two HUGE blisters, one for each foot and one starting on my left pinkie toe. I am walking around barefoot in the office with band-aids on my feet. I look like I'm impersonating John Mclain in Die Hard. You all know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm doomed for the rest of the day to walk around in these puppies, limping. Plus, I need to go somewhere after work too. Brilliant.

But it's not today I'm worried about. What do I do after today? Do I throw them out? How can I ever really trust them again now that they've turned on me.

Let's face the facts. I won't throw them out. They're just too cute. Like the man who's "done you wrong". He pulls you back in with a sweet smile and a heart-felt apology. You remember only the good times and forget the bad. That's the way it'll be with my shoes.

In two-weeks, I'll put on a sundress and say, "Oh, I know what shoes go perfectly with this!".

It's a vicious cycle. I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment