Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Shameless Self-Promotion

Do you remember your wedding day? Mine was nearly 12 years ago, so my old brain is a bit foggy, but I remember feeling like a princess. People waiting on me hand and foot. Doing my hair. Fussing over my nails. Perfecting my make up. Helping me into my 50lb. bead-laden wedding dress. Hey, I'm Italian. Wedding dresses are a fussy business and mine was long-sleeve with an ornate bodice and a mile-long train.

In any event, so much fuss for this perfect day. All dressed in white. The center of attention... and it's all downhill from there. Get married, become a mom and it's never about you again. Everyone else's needs come first. Since I became a mom, do you know how many times I've realized on the day before a special occasion that I had outfits for everyone but me?!?!

It's not a bad thing, though. Having everyone's needs come first, that is. It just makes you a very powerful, very important woman! There's nothing more special.

But, that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to get a chance to feel like a princess again! Just one day for me. A reason to get all prettied up again. Someone to do my hair. Someone to do my makeup. Slip into that pretty white dress again... and then make a BIG MESS!!!

That's right!

I have a chance to wreck my dress in front of an exceedingly talented photographer, and I want to do it. Boy do I want to! Between you, me and the wall, I never really liked my dress all that much anyway!

So, here I am... whoring out the sanctity of my precious blog to shamelessly ask you to vote for me! Get out your laptops, your iPods, your iPads or all of the above and vote for me. I'm (B) -- the one in the big 'ol hunting boots.



(Sidebar about the pic. As I said, my wedding was a whopping 12 years ago, so I didn't think it'd be fair to submit one of my wedding pictures. My husband says I haven't aged a day, but I know he's full of it. Instead, I put my dress on when I heard about this contest and my good friend took a few very cool shots of me. It's a good one isn't it?)

Please vote for me and share this with others! I'll be your best friend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment