Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Another Office Mod Featuring The Oatmeal

Because I suck, I spilled crazy glue on my desk quite some time ago.  I've tried a multitude of things to remove it and, yet, there's still an ugly, lumpy spot of dried up glue on my desk.  Plus I wore away much of the finish around the ugly, lumpy spot.

The worst part is, the ugly spot is precisely where I like to keep my cup of coffee and, seeing as how it is also lumpy, it makes it so that my cup doesn't sit level on the desk.   This is otherwise, the perfect spot for my coffee.  It is just to the north and left of my keyboard so that I can happily chug my caffeine with my left hand whilst continuing to point, click and otherwise appear hard at work.

In hindsight, I wish I'd taken a picture of the ugly, lumpy spot before covering it up, but my camouflage solution was so brilliantly simple and elegant that I just couldn't wait to implement.
You may recall my post about modding your Oatmeal poster to be office appropriate.

This time, with the help of The Oatmeal's timeless artwork, a teensy bit of Photoshopping, my printer and some clear contact paper, I was able to create a semi-permanent coffee coaster.

Behold the coaster in all of it's glory!

YAY
And here it is, doing its job!
As you can see, I chose Phase 2 of The 5 Phases of Caffeine Intake instead of the infinitely more popular Phase 3.



The High



The reasons I chose Phase 2 were (1.) That is my favorite phase of Caffeine Intake (2.)  The coffee is clearly depicted in it and (3.) I'm a sucker for an underdog.

I am very happy with my solution.  It doesn't make the spot any less lumpy but at least it's no longer ugly!

Thanks, The Oatmeal!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment