Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Be Thankful



A nor'easter on the day before Thanksgiving. Oh no! Imagine the luck. I know it's awful for those who have to travel. I'm glad that I don't but, in general, I try to make it a practice of keeping things in perspective.

Here in the hudson valley, we're experiencing power outages due to heavy wet snow so, certainly, the timing isn't fantastic, but there are just a few things I'm keeping in mind.


  • The power is out.
  • I'm thankful that I have access to the modern conveniences.

  • I can't get the cooking done on time.
  • I'm thankful I have plenty of food to eat.

  • I'm snowed in and can't finish grocery shopping.
  • I'm fortunate to be able to readily buy goods and drive wherever I need to.

  • I'm cooped up with the kids.
  • I'm so happy to have a family I love.

  • It's cold.
  • I'm so lucky to have a roof over my head and clothes to warm my body.

  • I won't have time to clean my house before guests arrive.
  • Nobody cares. Not everyone has a home.

  • The internet and cable are out.
  • Seriously!?!?! (And if you're reading this, you probably have 4G anyway)

  • I hope everyone can make it because of the snow.
  • It's nice to spend holiday with family, but it's even nicer to have everyone you love safe and sound.

Let's remember the luck we have, not just at Thanksgiving, but all year round. Even if you've had better years, if you're reading this, you're one of the lucky ones. It's easy to b*tch and moan. It's a lot harder to count your blessings ever day, but, trust me, it's much more satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment